Information on Personal Data Processing
The Technical University of Liberec (TUL), in accordance with Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provides the information stated below on the processing of personal data in connection with the provision of accommodation at the Unihotel TUL.
The Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
The Personal Data Controller is the Technical University of Liberec, Studentská 1402/2, 461 17 Liberec 1, IČ: 6747885, https://www.tul.cz/.
Proper performance of the activities in the field of personal data protection at the Technical University of Liberec are supervised by the Data Protection Officer who you can contact at email@example.com.
For what Purpose does TUL Process Personal Data?
TUL as the accommodation services provider collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the procedure and support of the booking process,
- Provision of accommodation and accommodation-related services,
- fulfilling the legal obligations of the landlord under Section 3 of Act No. 565/1990 Coll., the Local Fees Act, as amended, also under the generally binding decree of the statutory city of Liberec No. 7/2010 on the local fee for spa or recreational stay and § 99 Et Seq. of Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic and on Amendments to Some Other Acts, as amended,
- Applying and defending potential legal claims of the landlord,
- Statistical evaluation of data in the accommodation system for the purpose of improving the services provided,
- Offer and provision of other related services in the event of your consent to such offers.
The Legal Reason for Personal Data Processing
The legal reasons for the processing of personal data for these purposes are as follows:
- The above stated legislation,
- Fulfilling the accommodation agreement,
- The TUL’s legitimate interest in the protection and enforcement of its potential claims arising from accommodation,
- or consent to the processing of personal data regarding offers and provision of related services.
What Personal Data does TUL Process?
TUL processes personal data within the scope of identification and accommodation data, and furthermore, within the scope of legal requirements for keeping registers, house books, i.e. the purpose of stay, the name, surname, date of birth, address of permanent residence or permanent residence abroad, number of ID card or travel document and visa, if relevant.
Who has Access to the Personal Data?
The landlord processes the personal data through employees authorised to this who are bound by the duty of confidentiality and through the landlord’s own secured accommodation system. Personal data may only be transmitted to authorized competent public authorities and institutions.
How Long does TUL process the Personal Data?
TUL processes the personal data provided for the above mentioned purposes for the period stipulated by the legal regulations, i.e. for 6 years from the last entry in the register, or house book in a given calendar year.
What Rights do you have in Connection with your Personal Data?
As Data subjects, you have the following rights:
- the right to access the personal data that TUL processes,
- the right to have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected,
- the right to data modification or erasure,
- the right to restriction of the data processing,
- the right to notification of the rectification, erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing thereof carried out by the TUL,
- the right to portability of personal data to another Data Controller specified by yourselves,
- the right to object to the improper or unauthorized processing of personal data,
- the right to object to a decision based on automated processing including profiling,
- the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection (uoou.cz),
- the right to revoke consent at any time if consent is based on consent; You can revoke your consent by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The lawfulness of the processing of personal data before withdrawal of consent is not thereby affected.
Further information on the conditions and principles under which the Technical University of Liberec shall process your personal data is available at https://www.tul.cz/uredni-deska/informace-o-zasadach-zpracovani-a-ochrane-osobnich-udaju.
Should you wish to contact us with a query or complaint about personal data protection, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address email@example.com or at the address Technical University of Liberec, Data Protection Officer, Studentská 1402/2, 461 17 Liberec 1, Czech Republic.